Bliss is having all of my kids under one roof.
Distance has us living 7 hours apart but we have gathered together in Wangaratta for the Christmas season. The clan is growing with one baby born earlier this year and another due sometime soon.
I arrived yesterday and have waited all day for my two daughters and granddaughter Lily to arrive.
While it is all good fun I have had to endure replays of all of my gook ups.
For example: I rang Stacey this morning to see how far she had travelled.Gemma answered “Hello, this is Stacey’s phone” “ Oh Hi Gem. It’s Mum. How’s things?” “Yeah good, whasup?” “Is Stacey there yet?” Silence, muffled giggle.“Nah, she just teleported her phone to me”.
Nothing wrong with me!
I am so proud of my adult children and genuinely enjoy being with them all. I feel such a sense of peace and joy when we are all together.
As I type:
- We are planning our trip berry picking in the morning. (A Christmas eve tradition)
- One is bagging the other for not providing a live Christmas tree
- I am threatening to shave of Chris’s dreadlocks.
- Gem is showing of her new ear piercings, threatening thicker diameter holes.
- Lily is giggling at them all and Jorja ever patiently enduring the whole lot of us.